Give a Gift to the Animals
Our keepers create stimulating environments for our animals through the use of enrichment like "toys", food items, and smells. These items provide the animals opportunities to engage in natural behaviors.
By purchasing an item from Alexandria Zoo's wish list, you can help us provide toys and other items that enable our animals to express their natural behaviors through playing, foraging and exploring their habitats.
Find items when you shop local or check out our online registry for specialty items.
Please, new items only
- Boomer balls – various sizes
- Natural fiber rope
- Dried fruits (unexpired/unopened)
- Variety nuts (no salt added/unexpired/unopened)
- Herbs, spices and extracts (unexpired/unopened)
- Perfumes and body sprays (unexpired/unopened)
- Plastic wading pools
- Shatterproof mirrors
- Grapevine wreaths (all natural, untreated)
- Plastic buckets (5 gal)
- PVC pipes and caps (various sizes)
- Misters/mister fans
- Nature sounds CDs
- Gift cards to home improvement stores for enrichment construction supplies