Southern Moluccan and the Amboina Islands in Indonesia
Lowland rainforests and wooded mountain slopes
Fruits, nuts, and seeds
27 - 33 oz.
Usually 2 eggs
- It is also known as Salmon-crested cockatoos and Rose-crested cockatoos.
- It raises its distinctive red crest when it is threatened to scare possible predators.
- It has small tufts of powder down feathers, which it uses to coat and clean the remainder of its feathers.
- It uses its salmon colored crest as a communication behavior to show happiness, curiosity, or alarm.
- It can make a loud, shrill screeching call.
- Young stay in the nest until they fledge at 3 months.
Vulnerable due to trapping for the pet trade and deforestation of its small range.
3016 Masonic Drive
Alexandria, LA 71301