For the safety and welfare of our animals and visitors, the following rules apply:
- THE FOLLOWING IS PROHIBITED:
- Smoking and vaping anywhere inside the Zoo
- Firearms and weapons of any kind (even if you have a concealed carry endorsement).
This includes items that appear to be weapons, including toy guns.
- Alcoholic beverages and illicit drugs
- Harassing the animals or intentionally harming an animal is prohibited. You will be escorted out of the zoo.
- Dogs or other pets (In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, only Service Dogs are permitted.)
- Drones or any similar remote-controlled vehicles/flying devices
- Selfie sticks, loud noise makers and lasers
- Picking the flowers or foliage, climbing trees, or disturbing the landscape so everyone has an opportunity to enjoy the many beautiful things growing throughout the Zoo.
- Balloons, plastic straws, plastic lids, and glass containers
- Skates, roller blades, skate boards, scooters, bicycles, and unauthorized motorized vehicles (other than wheelchairs or electric scooters for the disabled)
- Offensive clothing; disguises, costumes, or articles of clothing that conceal a visitor's identity
- Distribution of any advertisement, circular or handbill, or solicitation of funds or pledges of contributions within Zoo property
- Any other items deemed dangerous, suspicious, or inappropriate
- ADDITIONAL RULES:
- All of our animals are on special diets. People food is not on their menu, so please do not share your food with them. Fish food can be purchased to feed the koi only.
- Shirt and shoes are required.
- Stay on the sidewalks and in designated public areas.
- Do not sit children or other objects on railings, fences, or other barriers.
- Do not hang objects over railings, fences, or other barriers.
- The Zoo may take photographs of your party during your visit to the Zoo. These photos may be used by the Zoo for both internal and public publications, including the Zoo website and social media channels.
- Student/commercial filming and photography must be approved by the Zoo in advance.
- If someone is acting inappropriately or dangerously, they may be escorted from the Zoo. If you see someone acting in this manner, please contact a Zoo staff member immediately.
- Alexandria Zoo is a rain or shine facility. Rain checks and refunds will not be granted. In the event of severe weather, visitors may be refused entry into the zoo, or if already in the zoo, visitors may be asked to relocate to indoor facilities.
Alexandria Zoo reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone who does not comply with these policies. Additionally, breach of any of these policies may result in removal from the zoo without refunded admission.
Open Daily 9 am - 5 pm
Closed only Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Year's Day
3016 Masonic Drive
Alexandria, LA 71301
P: (318) 441-6810